How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11655
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am curious can child support continue to take me to court

Customer Question

Hi there i am curious can child support continue to take me to court if me and the mom our staying together and staying married. Me and my wife went to the child support office today here in winnebago county here in Wisconsin and my wife told them that we are staying married and not separating. He said we are not cancelling court cause you had to be served and the thing is that they never tried to contact me. This court date is the first court date regarding child support so there is no reason to continue with this court date i am going to be missing out on 12 hours of work at 18 an hour cause i gotta go cause they wont cancel court. Plz help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Is there a child support order in place? Is there a judgment for past due support?

Related Family Law Questions