Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am curious can child support continue to take me to court

Customer Question

Hi there i am curious can child support continue to take me to court if me and the mom our staying together and staying married. Me and my wife went to the child support office today here in winnebago county here in Wisconsin and my wife told them that we are staying married and not separating. He said we are not cancelling court cause you had to be served and the thing is that they never tried to contact me. This court date is the first court date regarding child support so there is no reason to continue with this court date i am going to be missing out on 12 hours of work at 18 an hour cause i gotta go cause they wont cancel court. Plz help
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Is there a child support order in place? Is there a judgment for past due support?