Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I hope so. My husband and I want to take a cruise next year,

Customer Question

I hope so. My husband and I want to take a cruise next year, so I'm trying to apply for his passport. He was born in Arizona, and then moved to Oklahoma at a very young age (maybe 3). He was adopted by his mother's next husband, I assume in Oklahoma. She later divorced him, and remarried another. He took his last name as well. The State Department wants documentation of all this in order to issue his passport. Where do I start? Who do I contact?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Can you tell me, do you have his birth certificate? If so, you are simply looking for the adoption paperwork?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a meeting to go to right now, but I'd like to talk to you. Yes, I have his original birth certificate, but nothing after that. I don't know if one (actually 2 ) were amended or not. And yes, I just need the paperwork so I can send it to Dept. of State for his passport.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Happy to chat on the phone...or I can type up some thoughts...let me know. I am available most of the day