This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
Within 10 school days after the parent(s) makes a request for an educational evaluation, the school must provide the parent(s) with written notice responding to the request, as well as a copy of the Notice of Procedural Safeguards. The parent(s) must receive the written notice no later than 10 school days after making the request to licensed personnel employed by the school corporation of legal settlement. Written notice must:
• Inform the parent(s) if the school agrees or declines to conduct the evaluation,
• Describe the information the school used to make its decision,
• Explain the reason for the decision, • Advise the parent(s) of procedural safeguard protections, and
• Provide a list of sources to contact for help in understanding special education rules. If the school agrees to conduct the educational evaluation, the notice will also include:
• The evaluation timeline, • A description of the evaluation procedures, and
• How the parent(s) may obtain a copy of the evaluation report or schedule a meeting to discuss the results of the educational evaluation prior to the CCC meeting.