LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

My divorce papers say that I am to pay 70% and my ex-wife is

Customer Question

my divorce papers say that I am to pay 70% and my ex-wife is to pay 30% of extra-curricular activities. My daughter is in a non-school related baseball program. AAU girls basketball the expenses for this program are considerable. In the past we have split the expense of recreational sports for her. Now my ex-wife says that our divorce papers apply and she will only pay 30%. My understanding or extra-curricular activities would only apply to extra school activities such as sports programs run by school not a program such as AAU. I am required by my divorce papers to pay 70% and the ex-wife 30%?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Extracurricular does not have a legal definition, but would typically be construed to mean any non-academic activities, or academic activities outside of the school setting (ie tutoring). Typically, when the order is vague and does not define what activities are to be considered add ons (some courts will state they must be school sponsored, for example), if the parties are unable to agree they must ask the court for clarification (motion for clarification). Generally if there is a pattern in effect, the court will enforce the status quo, as that best indicates the parties' agreement.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JA. If you have further questions please post here and I will reply. Otherwise kindly rate Positively so the site credits me for assisting you today. Thank you and take care!