How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorce agreement says I can take my son out of school

Customer Question

My divorce agreement says I can take my son out of school for one week each year until he reaches fifth grade. He is now in third grade and a straight A student. My ex has now refused to approve my vacation. He says he's changed his position on taking my son out of school. Can he do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.


It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is***** and I'm here to answer your question.

The short answer is no. Your ex cannot do this without going back to court and having the marriage settlement agreement changed. However, outside of the legal spectrum, he is probably just trying to be difficult because he does not think that you will spend the time or money to get him back into court over this issue.

Unfortunately, the only way this issue can be addressed is to get back in front of the judge and make your ex accountable for his breach of the marital settlement agreement.