MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I have joint legal physical custody, I have bought my kids a

Customer Question

I have joint legal physical custody, I have bought my kids a cell phone each(2), and I pay monthly service, they were bought more for the days (2) weeks a month I don't have my kids,. We'll my ex wife has taken them , ( therefore I can not communicate with my kids when they are not here). And she refuses to return them to me, what can I do? Go to the police or what?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Chris,

My name is***** and I am going to assist you with your question.

The best remedy you have is to take your ex back to court. You need to get in front of the judge and explain to him that you are being unjustly denied communication with your children when they are with your ex spouse. The marital settlement agreement typically speaks to this.

You can try calling the police, but without sufficient probably cause, they will be unlikely to get involved. This seems like it would be a zero sum game.