Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I'm 59 yrs old I have MS, I am wheelchair bound, and still I

Customer Question

I'm 59 yrs old I have MS, I am wheelchair bound, and still I was very indenpendent person until I fell and broke my leg. I am now in need of caregivers 12 hours a day, which is costing me more then 5 ,000 a month. I have been paying since July and my savings is almost gone. I cannot get any help from the gov't until I am penniless. I need help trying to keep what little money I have remaining Is there anyway I can do that? I have a little money left in a CD a Roth IRA Please help!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you contacted the local religious organizations and public service groups in your area, like the local MS Association or Catholic Charities or even United Way to seek assistance? If you do not qualify for Medicaid (Medi-Cal), that is likely what you will be forced to do if you are over the income/asset limits.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for you information, but I don't think they can help. I will contact the MS society though to see if they can suggest anything.

Thank you for your reply.

You never know who can or cannot help until you ask them. You need to contact all of those agencies and see what they can do. Even if each one can only do a little bit, that little bit adds up and it is more than you have right now.