TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Co signed on ex girlfriend car. She is leaving state and

Customer Question

Co signed on ex girlfriend car. She is leaving state and feel she won't pay for car. What do I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Unfortunately, you don't have many options here. If your ex stops paying on the loan, then you will be in a situation where you either pay yourself, or you take the risk that your credit will be damaged and that you'll be sued. The bank isn't going to care that you and your ex broke up. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I need to be straight with you.

If I were you, I would attempt to work out an arrangement whereby you and your ex agree to sell the car so that the proceeds can be used to pay off the loan.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!