Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My girl wants to drop a pfa order of 3 years on me how can

Customer Question

My girl wants to drop a pfa order of 3 years on me how can we get it dropped
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Typically, for a Protection from Abuse Order to be dropped, you would need the filing party to be in agreement.

This is accomplished by petitioned the Court to drop or change the order. The court can drop the "no contact" part of the order and keep the "no abuse" part or drop the order altogether depending on what the victim/filer wants.

If you want to end your 209A protective order, you can ask the court to end it. This is called getting the order "terminated."

You can get the order terminated any day during the court's regular business hours. Go to the court that gave you the order. Tell the clerk that you want to ask the judge to terminate the 209A protective order. Use the Plaintiff's Motion to Modify or Terminate Abuse Prevention Order form. Check the box on the form saying that you want the 209A order to be terminated. Write why you want it terminated.