P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

I am getting a divorce and we are doing it ourselves through

Customer Question

I am getting a divorce and we are doing it ourselves through completecase.com and I have a question. On the waiver for my husband to sign, it is populated to say notary public, Texas and he is currently out of town. Would it be okay for it to be notorized where is at the moment?
Thanks, Kristi
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

The purpose of the notary is to verify his signature. No more...no less.

He can have his signature notarized by a notary in the state where he is currently located.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.