P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

Re: our previous conversation: I am examining engaging a

Customer Question

Re: our previous conversation: I am examining engaging a local Attorney i Flagstaff. My question: Should I be charged for an initial consultation to discuss an uncontested divorce and if so, what would be a usual or customary amount to pay? Secondly should
I try to find an attorney with a set fee and if there are none in Flagstaff what would be a usual and reasonable amount I would expect to pay? I am retired and on a fixed budget and cannot get involved with an attorney and hand the attorney a blank check.
Thanks for your consideration in this regard.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

The initial consultation is common. Lawyers get paid, first and foremost, for their time. So it is common for a lawyer to bill for the consultation.

As for the fee? IF this is uncontested? Truly uncontested? (both you and your soon to be ex agree on who gets what) and the lawyer is used simply to help expedite the process? Then they should have no problem quoting a fee for the uncontested divorce.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.