How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 18379
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently work as a personal care provider mom under the

Customer Question

I currently work as a personal care provider for my mom under the Medical Assistance Personal Care program. Because it's federal program, I am paid through the state of Maryland as a vendor. Child support Enforcement has intercepted these funds to pay
child support arearage. Can they take my earnings? Is this legal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they can and it is legal. If you owe child support, your earnings can be intercepted to pay for your child support arrearage. However, only 25% of the earnings can be taken and not ALL the earnings.