Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was forced to have oral sex at the age of 14 and 15 with a

Customer Question

I was forced to have oral sex at the age of 14 and 15 with a 23 year old man in South Carolina that was 40 years ago a little over 40 years ago is there any way to prove it now I feel like my life has always been disrupted by that statutory rape. Thank you for answering
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

I will tryto best answer your question.

As result of the church sex abuse scandal cases many of the statute of limitationseparation on sex crimes have been extended to run after the individual is 18 years of age. I would advise contacting the district attorney's office for the county in which the incident occurred and allowing them to complete their investigation and make a determination as to whether or not it is a prosecutable offense.