Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a cousin of a baby in care, I have been fighting to get

Customer Question

I am a cousin of a baby in foster care, I have been fighting to get him, for the past 6 months, he was placed in foster care before I was able to get him placed in my home. Now I am fighting foster parents who have been approved de facto status to "help" with the transition for the baby into my home. Because the judge has approved the baby finally be placed in my home. However, the*****hearing is next week on the 30th, and I know once they terminate rights, the foster parents are going to petition to adopt the baby. I was going to have the uncle and the brother of the baby do JV 180 for confirming they want the baby placed in my care. what else can I do to fight back?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Have you been granted access to the child as yet, or no?