mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

My husband died 3 months ago i am unemployed 5 years now, i

Customer Question

My husband died 3 months ago i am unemployed for about 5 years now, i live in state of massachussers... I have a son but this father is not my husband we had troubles getting pregnant to one of our friends helped us... He supports his son.. What about my situation can i get some financial support from governemt as i am widow and unemployed? Where do i need to go?
Thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

I would recommend contacting the welfare office to apply for cash benefits as well as food stamps. I know that this can be embarrassing, but it would be the fastest way to get funds into your budget. I would then recommend contacting the Social Security office to apply for any widows benefits you may be entitled. I know that you have said you haven't worked in the past 5 years, if it is as a result of a medical condition you should apply for Social security disability. I am assuming you have exhausted any unemployment benefits. As I said I would start with the welfare and then Social Security office.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.