LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I live in colorado. I have a newborn baby that was born 2

Customer Question

I live in colorado. I have a newborn baby that was born 2 days ago. The father I have not heard from for a while. He was on the run from 2 dui charges from wyoming and has a charge last year of a sexual thing with a minor. He was also emotional abusive and controlling. His mother keeps calling and pushing and not asking that she is going to see me. What are my rights? He is not listed on birth certificate that was turned in. I am not married and we did not live together
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The father has no parental rights unless and until he files a paternity action against you in the county where you live. You can also force him to pay for a paternity test ordered by the court if he file the paternity action seeking to prove that he is the father.

Until then, you are free to go where you want, and to not allow him, or his parents or anyone else to see or communicate with your baby. You have 100% custody of your baby until a court says otherwise!

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug