mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

I have only been getting 1500 a month support and I have

Customer Question

I have only been getting 1500 a month for child support and I have three kids. I was just told my ex husband should pay more. He is a airline pilot and makes 305,000 a year. What should I be getting or is 1500 standard? I do not work but I had spousal
support. He pays the insurance which is about 500 a month. I pay for everything else.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

I'm that this amount is based upon a private agreement, as if it was a support proceeding through court they would make a recommendation as to the amount based upon incomes of the parties. This amount Seaman definitely low considering three children and his salary. I would highly recommend filing an action for support through the courts immediately.

I hope that this information and advice is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The spousal support was an agreement between my ex and I but he has decide to take away the spousal support since I moved in with my Fiancé. We sided heavier to spousal support so he has a tax right off. Basically he screwed me.Is there a formula I should follow? One of my kids will graduate in June.
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Spousal support income should not have an effect upon the child support. Actually it should result in an increase in child support since you will no longer receive a deduction for what he pays you for spousal and that will no longer be added to your side of the equation.