Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Ma'am I'm in a awkward situation 16 years ago a woman I was

Customer Question

ma'am I'm in a awkward situation 16 years ago a woman I was in a relationship with got pregnant and I was Informed of two men she had been with while she was pregnant and she never wanted to take the paternity test even when I offered to pay for it and wanted me to pay her in cash for support under the table and would threaten me if I didn't do so she would have my truck taken away etc but she never filed a couple of years after she moved to California to marry a gentleman in the military I knew of her where abouts there I still tried to keep in contact then they moved from that adress then they cut me off after that a couple weeks ago she contacted me for money I mentioned the paternity again and it sparked a argument saying I would look like a fool for Wanting a paternity she was being really petty and spiteful she says fine I'll file I could have done all these years anyway and when I asked why didn't she she hung up.i know she's in new York and will be here next year year cause her husband will be stationed here for a couple of years I don't get it why would she be Waiting this long when back Then I was willing to pay 450 dollars for a paternity test?! I'm just trying to make sense of this hopefully you can help.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Can you share with me what your question is? Do you want to know if you should and do have to pay this?