Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am having to file a motion to compel because my wife's

Customer Question

Hi. I am having to file a motion to compel because my wife's lawyer refuses to provide supplemental answers to the meet and confer for interrogatories I sent them. As In Pro Per, am I entitled to collect fees from her? Much like an attorney would be able to if it was the other way around? If so, how do I calculate these fees and what does the Court see as reasonable? Thanks.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

You have to file your request to compel firsT and if the answers are not provided at that point you can file a motion for sanctions I would suggest valuing your time by what you earn as a salarly through your employment. If currently unemployed use the salary of your last employment.