mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

I do know the name of the trustee although I 't know her

Customer Question

I do know the name of the trustee although I don't know her personally. I obtained a copy of the will which referred to the Lifetime Trust. How long does it take for the "vesting" process? The date of death was 9/3/2015. The date that the will was filed
was 9/18/2015. I don't really feel comfortable contacting the trustee in fear of appearing presumptuous. I would have never even thought about it had it not been for some very odd behavior at the funeral and I seemed to be the target. I would appreciate any
direction which you can give me.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

I would recommend immediately contacting the trustee and expressing your concerns regarding the events from the funeral home. I would be far less concerned about appearing presumptuous rather than

not properly dealing with an issue. In my 17 years of practice I found it much easier to solve problems while they are small and not letting them fester. Prompt action makes problems easier to resolve.

When someone passes there are things that need to be taken care of and resolved. I absolutely recommend to inquire and ensure that all steps are properly being handled.

I hope that this information and advice is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.