Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

Prenuptial agreement between boy friends and living

Customer Question

prenuptial agreement between boy friends and living girlfriends with having 2 children how will wright that for me we live together for 4 years and separate for year and half now back together i am working and she is going to school to get her degree on surgical tech the house we live in is my house i bought it about 18 years a go i am divorce in the past and she has been married and divorce and has 2 son witch they live with they dad we ups and down frequently i like to married her one day if everything was ok but as of now we have lots of problem please can we wright a agreement witch protect my income and my property if after she finished her school witch i am support everything right now i can ask her to leave i wont have any problem taking care of my children
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

First of all this would not be a 'prenuptial' agreement. This would just be an agreement between 'domestic partners' or partners, since 'prenuptial' means 'pre marriage'. Since you aren't married, each of you 'own' your own things and your own property. There is no 'community property' for those who aren't married, and therefore at least right now, and before you marry you really do not need a prenuptial agreement unless and only unless you actually marry.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.