Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My attorney is withdrawing from my, however when he sent the

Customer Question

My attorney is withdrawing from my, however when he sent the draft motion he has blamed it on me, when in fact I am 100 percent sure I did not discharge him and he is lying because he knows what he is doing is unethical. My understanding is that I can file my opposition answer with the courts after he files his motion. However, I am concerned that doing so or even if I don't do so he will make false representations about me (as he already has) that could add serious injury to my case as opposing council will jump all of this. If there anything I can do between now and then or any Professional code that I can cite that will protect me from this? My concern is that technically he can say whatever bad things he wants about me because under code 1.16 code of confidence it says this....
"such information to establish a claim or defense on behalf of the lawyer in a controversy between the lawyer and the client, to establish a defense to a criminal charge or civil claim against the lawyer based upon conduct in which the client was involved, or to respond to allegations in any proceeding concerning the lawyer's representation of the client;
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

My advice to be to file an objection if you do not want the attorney to withdraw. I would not state the details of his or her failures just contradicting the statements the attorney has made regarding the basis for the withdrawal. They can only disclose information if it is required. Keep your shoes of the withdrawal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. I don't see where I can rate your service. Do you know how I do this?

Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

There should be an option to accept answer and then also right service