Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

If both parents share legal custody 50/50 but one has sole

Customer Question

If both parents share legal custody 50/50 but one has sole physical custody, does the other parent have any rights with respect to the nanny (ie. Meeting her, being able to contact her/the kids when father is unavailable, looking into her driving record, she does drive the 3, 6 and 6 year old children).
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

You would need to share the Legal custody as well as the physical to have any decision making rights in that regard.

Joint Legal Custody is where the parents work together to share care and control of the upbringing of the child, even if the child has only one primary residence. Additionally, one parent may be given "tiebreaking" authority. That would fall to the parent who is the custodial parent or the one with sole physical.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you