FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My wife's Ex is allowed visitation rights of their daughter;

Customer Question

My wife's Ex is allowed visitation rights of their daughter; however, the father is refusing to pick her up. The issue stems from my wife's ex still being obsessed with her. He went to jail ( i believe 2 years )for assaulting her when they were together. he's upset at his daughter for not wanting him to go to a PTA meeting so he refuses to pick her up. Also, he's manipulating his daughter to spy and steal information. this is tearing my relationship apart and now my step daughter is in therapy. I believe my wife is still afraid of this guy and is scared to file reports. what are my options? i cannot live like this nor do i want to see my step daughter in therapy and my wife afraid of this guy.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Does the court order address who has to pick her up and drop her off, for visitation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I belive it does but I have to confirm with my wife. It's a touchy subject.

Thank you for the additional information The court order will control but if he refuses to pick her up and exercise his visitation, that is at his discretion. Your wife can not necessarily force him to see the child and considering what you shared, with how he acts, it would seem better that he not see her and you leave things be,if he does not want to pick her up. Now, if he is doing something to create fear or harm to your wife, she needs to go to the police and file a report. A restraining order could be put in place. At the same time, if he is doing things to the child, the mother would need to take him back to court and address this with the Judge, essentially telling the Judge that he is manipulating her and doing this which are resulting in her going into therapy.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!