Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am trying to file divorce papers in florida and was told

Customer Question

I am trying to file divorce papers in florida and was told that I need to file a motion to mediate form. It is not included in my complete case kit. How do I get it and do I need it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

An example of Motion to Mediate, also know as Motion to Compel Mediation, may be found HERE.

The subject matter of the motion is foreclosure, but the same principles apply - the verbiage may be modified for a divorce.

Good luck!

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking for the form to file with my dissolution of marriage papers. Where do I get it? I am trying to expedite this process as quickly as possible, are there any extra steps or tips that I could be taking to do so?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

You are not going to find a motion to compel mediation from Florida specifically for divorce online. Not every motion has a form version of it.

The link I sent you (let me know if you need it again) provides a general example of a Motion to Compel Mediation which can be edited as needed. So someone in your situation may have to use some elbow grease to get the form to reflect a divorce situation.

I am also linking you to a FAQ and checklist for divorce in FL which should help you streamline the process. See HERE.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
essentially, I can you that form as a template, have notarized and signed and file it. When do I do so? After my initial filing?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

See HERE for step by step instructions on how to file a divorce in Florida.

Once it is filed (motion for mediation part of the pleadings), one then asks the court to set the motion for mediation for a hearing, and served the other party with notice of the hearing for that motion along with the overall divorce summons.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!