Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I would love to see my 4 year old baby girl been months no

Customer Question

I would love to see my 4 year old baby girl been months no visitation
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Please tell us what you have done and if you have filed a petition for custody and visitation in court yet? Tell us everything that is going on with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Divorce decree stated i got two supervised nights per week so i signed off but they never happened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now it's been months and i haven't seen her at all why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filed a motion after my visitation never took place my ex is saying im crazy and on drugs but im sitting at home just waiting to see my child

Thank you for your reply. Because of the late hour I cannot do any phone calls at this time, the system will not let me.

However, if your divorce decree allowed for supervised visits and you have not received them, then your next step is you must file a motion for an order to show cause for contempt of court. You need to bring the ex back to court and you need to have a recent drug test with negative results to show the court your ex is lying.

If you prove in the contempt motion that she is improperly withholding the child, not only would she be ordered to comply, but she would be made to pay for your attorney's fees and also she could be forced to give you unsupervised visitation.

You are going to have no choice here but to file the motion in court, you cannot just continue to sit back and wait to see your child, you have to take her back to court and you need to get the court to order her. If she continues after that point to deny your visits, the court will put her in jail for non-compliance with the court order.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all this but for some reason i am being hammered everytime i step foot into the court room

You need to file a contempt motion every time she denies you, that is the only way the court realizes how seriously she is disobeying the court orders and eventually the court is going to punish her. You need to use a local attorney to fight this for you and if you prove she is denying you for false reasons, the court is going to make her pay those attorney's fees.

It seems you keep requesting a phone call, but it says payment has failed. Again, it is likely because of the late hour and the system not allowing it to go through.