FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I have retained a lawyers over 2 years ago at my husbands

Customer Question

I have retained a lawyers over 2 years ago at my husbands request to process our divorce.
After a hefty retainer and mounting legal bills from her we are no further along in the process than 2 years ago, except that my retainer got me emergency spousal support and child support at that time. That the probation department later cut in half, with my attorneys knowledge. Is there an oversight state or county department that I can send a copy of this complaint to in central NJ? I am assuming that professionals like lawyers must be accountable to someone other than the clients that are paying them to use their legal knowledge for help. Thank you so much. I am a breast cancer survivor and have other issues that prevent me from full time employement, or from affording the time to "interview" another attorney. And I am not even sure it is legal to change to a more qualified attorney, this late in the process. Thank you so much.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about what you are having to deal with. Do you know why they cut your support in half? Also, when your attorney was advised of this, did they explain to you or look into the basis for it?