Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

Can a noncustodial parent request a budget from a custodial

Customer Question

Can a noncustodial parent request a budget from a custodial parent? Knowing how much noncustodial receives a month prior to their own paycheck and putting together a generous budget, there would be over $1000 extra per month. The non custodial spends $900
a month just on food for 3 kids. Wouldn't take child to get an outfit for homecoming.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I believe I answered this question in your original posting. Please review it and I will be happy to clarify or answer anything else. Thank you!

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies but how a person spends their money is not really something that you can demand to see. The courts do not place limits or strings on child support or on alimony. Now, you can ask for an expense review as far as rents, mortgage, car payments, and so forth, but you cannot demand a specific itemized listing such as via credit cards or other streams of income and revenue.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

I see that you had time to review my answers. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help clarify or answer for you. Otherwise kindly do not forget to positively rate so that I can obtain credit for my work. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.