Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

We have child support established in Florida and my

Customer Question

We have child support established in Florida and my daughters father lives in Pennsylvania. He has recently began to miss his payment. He has not paid since August 2015. I need to know what should I do next?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The only thing you can do is file a motion to hold the father in contempt of court for failing to make the payments. The judge can grant you a judgment of contempt and can also award you a judgment for the unpaid support, which you could then try to collect in PA. But, the first step is to see a local lawyer about filing a contempt action against the father for failing to pay the child support as ordered.