Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My brother, who is 81, recently lost s wife. He owns two

Customer Question

My brother, who is 81, recently lost his wife. He owns two properties. My other brother and my sister have taken over him and the house he lives in now. They have taken him to a lawyer and talked about taking him to the doctor to be evaluated. There are three other sisters who are concerned he will unknowingly sign the properties over to the brother and sister. They have already informed me the son of the sister and his wife are going to move into the house on 27 acres. The house should be condemmed, but we are told he is going to fix it up and keep the 27 acres in the family. Those acres were originally owned by my parents. The brother took the hundred acres over and sold them in lots in 1983 and up. My question is:Do my two sisters and I have a right to see the wills, etc.?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. WHOSE Will(s) do you want to see? Your brother's who is 81 years old? Or your parents' wills?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.