Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My husband and I have joint legal and residential custody of

Customer Question

My husband and I have joint legal and residential custody of our 15-year-old daughter. He remarried, they have a new baby, bought a house in Reno, and now he would like full custody of our daughter and take her to Reno. I've been served his request for modification of our divorce agreement. The hearing is coming up and I've not heard anything else. What do I need to prepared with at the hearing? On what grounds are these type of matter decided?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

These matters always turn on what is in the best interest of the child.....that's the main/paramount concern. Thus, if the child lives primarily with you, and if she's lived in the area you're in her entire life, it is more likely than not that the judge would want her to remain in the stable environment.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, the child's preference will be a big factor in the judge's decision - - but it is not necessarily outcome-determinative.