Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am in Dallas TX. Filed in April 2015, unfortuneatley was

Customer Question

I am in Dallas TX. Filed for divorce in April 2015, unfortuneatley was forced to go out of the country for work and just now back. Its uncontested with no kids. Waiver of citation was delivered back in April. Am finding out there is a dismall hearing due to lack of pursuit. Am I forced to attend the hearing which is in early Novermber or can I now schedule a prove up with courts?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

1) Do you wish to continue with the divorce?
2) Does your spouse wish to continue with the divorce?
3) Is the divorce uncontested?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!