Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

I have a divorce case, which wife left and she file a

Customer Question

I have a divorce case , which wife left and she file a temporary restraining order , I had only two incidence in a thirty years, which she used my pension to her advantage , and all the time was saving her money , she kept everything secret, but in the civil action that was file under consent family violence twelve month protective order. It also state that respondent and petitioner should not change or cancel utilities and auto insurance etc. She has change the auto plan, because the insurance company gave me a new policy number in my name without my consent. Is this illegal, the policy was payed by her for over 30 years of marriage. The insurance company wont call me , after many times trying to get them, I have only one day to pay it, I don't know if I should but it will effect me if I don't pay it by the end of the next day. Can I file charges against the insurance if they drop me . This is in DeKalb Georgia.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Generally, the insurance company has nothing legally to do with any court orders or litigation, so if the insurance premium is not paid by the deadline, the insurance company will cancel insurance coverage on the vehicle(s) which can cause all type of legal consequences.

If the wife canceled or modified any accounts in violation of the court order, than a local attorney representing the aggrieved spouse, can file a Motion for Contempt of Court against the spouse who had violated previous court order and ask the court to enforce the terms of the court order and also for sanctions against the spouse who has violated it.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My issues is the wife left and was the primary bread winner at the home. She was paying all of the bills and was in control of all my pension. But when she left she wanted me to continue paying the health insurance thru my pension and My income was very limited. I will not have enough to pay rent or the health insurance. She requested in the civil action against me that all things are to remain paid but was letting everything from the mortgage to the utilities go unpaid. And the divorce is on going. Can she be charged or made liable for maintaining these bill till the divorce is final.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a consent family violence twelve month protective order which I agreed to in order to move on to the divorce. On the civil action file on #19 it stated that both respondent and petitioner are ordered not to disconnect or have disconnected home utilities change or have changed or cancel auto health life insurance but I have been paying these bills to keep everything on, which she was responsible for . My income is very limited and cant keep up paying what she was paying. She moved out , not me.

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, such issues are all of the civil nature and would have to be addressed by your local attorney in the divorce cases and would not be subject to any criminal charges.

I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you.