LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

Father petitioned downward. If is granted when does the

Customer Question

Father petitioned for a downward. If is granted when does the change happen?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

A few minutes please as I look into this for you.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

A modification request, if granted, is retroactive to the date the request (supplemental petition) was filed, unless the modification is due to a parent not exercising their visitation, which served as justification for modification. In that case, it is retroactive to the date the parent first failed to exercise visitation, pursuant to subsection 8c of the following statute

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0000-0099/0061/Sections/0061.30.html

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry; i am unable to participate in live phone calls because that violates the terms of the state bar. however, if you have further questions you can post a new question on this forum and I would be more than happy to assist. Otherwise, kindly rate my services as good or excellent so the site compensates me for assisting you. thank you and take care!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay; the phone request did not go through in a timely manner due to a site issue over which i have no control. again, thank you.