Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

My daughter just turned 18 and is home schooled, have not

Customer Question

My daughter just turned 18 and is home schooled, have not spoken to either her mother or her for the past 8 years. I provided my last child support payment. Now my ex is stating that my daughter does not Graduate until June of 2016. However, my custody paper work states that support ends when the child turns 18 or has is still attending high school full time. Do I have to continue just because that what she states? is home school considered full time? and would she have to provided something stating that my daughter is still in school?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, as long as, the home schooling is approved and is educationally equivalent to actual High School education, it would be considered full time high school education, however, the parent who is paying child support, does have the right to request verification, however, if the parent receiving child support fails to provide such verification of home school being equivalent to High School education, then the parent who pays child support can file petition to terminate child support with the court that has ordered child support in the first place and the judge will review the entire situation and will make the decision based on evidence presented in court.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Thank you.