Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My grandson is in care what do I do to get m home with?

Customer Question

my grandson is in care
what do I do to get him home with?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my grandson is in foster care what do I have to do to get him back to live with me
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you contacted the case worker on his case yet? What are they telling you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she said I need to get a solicitor and a residency order
my grandson is not happy where he and despreratly wants to be with mewe have always had an amazing bond
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delay as I have been in client meetings all week.

If the social worker is not helping you, then you need to file an action in the family court to have them order guardianship and residence. In order to succeed on this you do need a solicitor and you will need to prove that you are fit and capable of caring for the child. This means you have to prove that you have a suitable and safe place for the child to stay, that you can provide protection/care and support for the child and that you have a prior relationship bond with the child that should not be disturbed.

If you can prove those things to the court, then they will order you be placed in custody and residency of the child.