Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I just checked my divorce status online and it say

Customer Question

Hello! I just checked my divorce status online and it say disspossed. Can you explain to me what it means? Ill send you a copy. And how long do you think it would take for me to get a copy.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

"Disposed" means that the case has been decided. In context of a divorce, this normally means that the divorce has been granted.

It should not take longer than 1-3 weeks for the Court to send a copy if requested.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith by rating me positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. My ex lawyer is handling this case but i get no answers from them. Can i call the clerks office andask for a copy my self?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.

Yes. This is public record and one can request a copy themselves.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any idea how long it takes if i request a copy?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!