Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have sole custody of my son. My ex has seen our son about

Customer Question

I have sole custody of my son. My ex has seen our son about 5 times in two years. He was mentally abusive to me the whole 3 years we were married. When I filed for divorce I had to set up a visitation schedule for him and I had to go to a court ordered parenting class. My ex refused to go. Because he didn't respond to the divorce papers, I got what I wanted. Since I left my ex, my son has had a lot of issues especially in school (he's 5 years old). I have teachers that have said they have noticed a difference in his behavior when he has seen his dad, and they are willing to testify to that fact. I have tons of emails, phone messages and such showing how verbally abusive he his. Do I have any rights to keep my son from him?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Is the father now attempting to exercise more visitation now than he was over the past few years?