LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Have been together years, and want to get married tomorrow

Customer Question

Have been together for 19 years , and want to get married tomorrow in Savannah, GA.What do we need to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I resided in Savannah until just last year. It is a beautiful city! Congratulations on your pending nuptials!!

You will need to go to the local Probate Court Clerk's office downtown (133 Montgomery St., Room 509, Savannah, GA. 31401) along with your fiancee. Each of you will need to bring identification such as your driver's license, passport or birth certificate. If either of you have been divorced before, you will need to bring a copy of your divorce decree from the last marriage.

Marriage license in Savannah are issued Monday through Friday between the hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The fee for the license is $66.00.

Your license will be issued to you at the clerk's office when you pay for it after filling out the application and you may get married immediately thereafter.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug