TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Indiana My girl friend got t by a car and then found her

Customer Question

Indiana My girl friend got hit by a car and then found her husband cheating. She is in the middle of negotiating a settlement for her accident. Our question is should she file for divorce before the settlement to keep him from getting half and will that
stop that from happening.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Yes, she should file for divorce first. If she were to settle first, then the proceeds from the settlement could be divided in the subsequent divorce.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!