Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I award the guardian of person. It has been 7 days since the

Customer Question

I award the guardian of person. It has been 7 days since the judge to the guardianship. How long do I have to wait to get a copy of the order? My mother need medical attention.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The court order should be in the court file by now, that is all you need to start acting as guardian. You need to go to the clerk's office and seek the copy from the court file. If it is not in the court file, you need to go to the judge's secretary to find where the order is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that and still no order? I don't think the judge likes me. Who can I go to or what can I do?

Thank you for your reply.

The order should have been entered that day if no objections were filed. Only the judge can sign the order, so all you can do legally is go to the judge or his clerk for the copy of the order. If there is still no order, then you have to file a Motion for Entry of Order of Guardianship to ask the court to enter the order.