Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My Mom who has Alzheimers has a 24/7 in home care service. A

Customer Question

My Mom who has Alzheimers has a 24/7 in home care service. A vindictive neoghbor called the DCF and there is now a case for a temporary emergency guaedian. My question is: do I keep my care plan in place for how long? When will theycimplement thwie plan?
Thanl you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Why did your neighbor call DCF on you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The neighbor hates our family and enticed the caregivervto leave, I caled my best friend who was there in e9 minutes and have an agency there now. I live 5 hours driving distance away.

Thank you for the information.

Whether you can continue with your current care plan for your mother and for how long would depend on the findings of DCF. However, it is unlikely for the DCF to recommend that your mother be relocated if you have remedied the situation. The DCF would not swoop in to fix something that is not broken. The DCF has its hands full and it is underfunded dealing with various issues. The State just does not have the resources to meddle in your affair that way if your mother is being taken care of.

Best wishes,