How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101731
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a questions about changing my visitation schedule in

Customer Question

i have a questions about changing my visitation schedule in TX for my son. i already have joint managing conservatorship. how do i get my x wife to agree to a different day n time schdule. thanks Steve
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

Well, this depends. Please tell me:

1) Does she agree? Or would she?
2) What exactly are you attempting to achieve here? What kind of modification do you seek?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are not doing the States Standard Order that was approved by the court. so now i am asking for more of a joint TIME , 50.50 schedule , since my actual time now is about 20% of the week i see my son.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is not agreeing to change the visitation schedule , which means she give up some of her time to balance it out . question is what is the way legally to get visitation changed?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

What someone in your situation wants to do is to file a Suit to Modify Parent Child Relationship, which is the Texas version of "petition to modify custody." The primary pleading is HERE. Instructions are HERE.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith by rating me positively.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!