FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

Is there any way to find a lawyer that reduces there fees on

Customer Question

Is there any way to find a lawyer that reduces there fees for someone on food stamps regarding divorces including children?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Has the individual tried contacting legal aid yet to see if they could take the case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I apply for legal aid?

You have two options. The first is to find a local legal aid office by your home and speak with them. You can share your situation and see if they will take the case. If they can not or will not, then you would want to contact family law attorneys in your area and see if they will take the case pro bono or at a reduced rate. All attorneys are encouraged to take cases like this, so there is no list that has the names or firms of attorneys who will do this, since everyone is expected to help the less fortunate, in some way.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!