How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 18126
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My niece is in 8th grade and flunking pre ap algebra. I want

Customer Question

My niece is in 8th grade and flunking pre ap algebra. I want to put her in regular math, but the Klein school district says I must wait until the end of semester in January. She will not learn anything and I will have to get tutors. Do I have the right to demand that she be put in a regular math class? Other districts allow the child to be moved down at any time. What are my rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Regrettably, the school has no legal obligation to comply with your demand. Even if other districts allow children to be moved down at any time, that action is at the district's sole discretion. Your school district does not have to follow suit. See Texas Education Code Title 2 Chapter 25 Section 25.031: