Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My daughters Army husband wants a divorce. She's a stay at

Customer Question

My daughters Army husband wants a divorce. She's a stay at home mom with a 2 year old. He will be stationed out of country for 1 year and wants her out of house before he gets back and says he will file at that time. Does not want her to move out of state or will go for full custody. They live in Michigan. She's from Wisconsin. Advice please.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. "Please advise" is a very open-ended question. What exactly are you asking? For example:

-how will custody be decided?
-can he demand that she leave the home?
-where can the divorce be filed?
-can she file for divorce before he does?

Etc. Let me know what specifically you wish to discus herein.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you saw my query in regards ***** ***** question and could reply so I can answer. Let me know. Thanks!