LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Power of Attorney was between my BIRTH MOM & her friend. He

Customer Question

Power of Attorney was between my BIRTH MOM & her friend. He is 83 and she is 88 in CA and he contacted me, since he can't take care of her because of his health. I am her only living biological daughter 53 years later when she gave me up at 5. I live in PA and her Alzheimer's is so bad that she can't consent to anything. I am a Christen and feel obligated to make her last life comfortable. Everyone says I need her consent and notarized but financially I am doing this on my own, she has nothing. How do I get the power of attorney so that I can get her closer to me and into an Alzheimer care? I am the only surviving on my adopted side as well so I'm on my own and need guidance on how to proceed.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Quite simply, as your birth mother's medical condition renders her incapable of consent to a new POA, then your only option would be to petition the court in the county and state where she lives and seek to be appointed as her Legal Guardian.

Doing that would allow you the right to relocate her and to place her into an appropriate nursing facility where she would be cared for.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug