Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My child's father only has supervised visits and I have a RO

Customer Question

My child's father only has supervised visits and I have a RO because of DV. He's not paying child support and DCSS has just started looking into it.
He emailed me saying that he needs our child's social security number and health ins info for his work. He loses jobs a lot so I don't trust him to provide insurance.
Do I have to give him that info? He's not on the birth cert yet.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

First by contacting you he has violated the court's Restraining Order and you can report the contact and have him arrested, if you wanted.

Second, I suggest, if he is not on the child's birth certificate he cannot get the insurance from his employer because he needs to show the proof of being the biological father first. Therefore, I suggest you gut is telling your correctly, not to trust him.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you