How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had domestic problem with my husband on June 9,2015, I

Customer Question

I had domestic problem with my husband on June 9,2015, I placed a call to 911, they came and my husband & I had court on July 20,2015 he was convicted, he appeal his case and we had court on Sep 18,2015, he asked me to tell the court that was my fault ad I provoke him and we both of us were under pressure and was not totally his fault. before the court session I asked prosecutor to drop his case she told me she would not do that because he touched you (he pulled my hair and scratch my hands) , when i went in I said what he wanted me to say and his case was dismissed, when came home next day he start the same thing I told him you promise not treat me the same way, he said F Y and everything is worse than before, he says if you go and tell them you did not tell the truth they would arrest you and put you in jail, what should i do now please help me we have 14 year daughter she begged me not to let her dad lose the case again, she told him and said you promise to be nice to my mom she save your ... why you doing that to her he called her name and shout on her and asked us to leave him alone and leave his house (is our house ) what should I do know? I need help please some body help me before some thing happens to me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

It does not matter about the prior case. Domestic Violence victims are typically intimidated by the abuser. And it is a pattern of offenses. I suggest that you do to the DA and tell them you want a restraining order, that you are sincere in wanting to get away from this abusive relationship. You will not be judged or charged with any type of crime based on the prior situation.

I also suggest that you can contact a local group who works with victims of domestic abuse. You can get a list of those groups from your local Emergency Room or at the local library or YMCA. I suggest you may want to get involved with them because they are very good at helping victims not fall back into the same trap because of the abuser's intimidation or sweet talk.
Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Related Family Law Questions