FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I am in the middle of a divorce and we are about to go to

Customer Question

I am in the middle of a nasty divorce and we are about to go to trial and now we have cps involved doing a full investigation. Would it be ideal to file an extension of just continue on and file trial documents?
Submitted: 1 year ago via LawDepot.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. What has caused CPS to get involved? Is child custody an issue for the Judge to decide?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was because my ex called them multiple times beginning with Christmas eve as they were closing his last complaint I was late to pick up my son from school and he told them another story in hopes to be taken to go live with his dad and instead they removed the kids placed them with my dad I was refusing to take another drug test, they can't go to their dad he threatened cps and my dad and there is a history of dv

Thank you for the additional information. Yes, this is very relevant to the case, since custody is involved and anything with CPS , needs to be known by the Judge. As such, if they started a full investigation, you do want to document it and let the Judge know what is going on. The findings and decision of CPS is relevant and needed by the Judge when determining custody, since he/she may not know what exactly is going on and just be relying on the testimony of you and your ex. The Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the children, so they need to be aware of this and if needed, a continuance can be filed and granted, upon the showing of good cause.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!